- Have you ever posed this question to yourself or someone else?
- Does abstinence from alcohol seem extreme to you?
- Do you want to cut back on drinking, but had difficulty doing so?
- Is someone in your life encouraging you to get help for your drinking issues?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you’ve found a great place to get help managing your alcohol consumption!
I have a unique approach to the use of alcohol. My clients are problem drinkers who abuse alcohol vs. chronic drinkers who are alcohol dependent. Moderation has been found to be the most common resolution for problem drinkers, who still have some control over their consumption. Bad habits can often be broken, with commitment and practice.
When you work with me on an individual basis, or if you decide to join one of my 6 Week Responsible Drinking groups, I will help you learn and become aware of:
- To what extent your drinking has become a “problem”
- How to use moderate drinking skills when faced with triggers and past habits
- Your own desired, more healthy limits
- Experiencing peace with alcohol, finding enjoyment in moderate drinking vs. guilt
My Responsible Drinking 6 Week support groups are offered when needed. Being a small group of 4-6 people, there is an atmosphere of safety and support.
If you are seeking help answering questions about your own drinking or want to support someone else in these matter, please contact me. For copies of the book Responsible Drinking, used most often in my practice, they are available at my office for $17.00 or online.