“Am I a problem drinker? Do I need tools and support to learn responsible drinking skills?
- Have you ever posed this question to yourself or someone else?
- Does abstinence from alcohol seem extreme to you?
- Do you want to cut back on drinking, but had difficulty doing so?
- Is someone in your life encouraging you to get help for your drinking issues?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you may have found a great place to get help managing your alcohol consumption!
I have a unique approach to the use of alcohol. My clients are problem drinkers who abuse alcohol , vs. chronic drinkers who are alcohol dependent. Moderation has been found to be the most common resolution for problem drinkers, who still have some control over their consumption. Bad habits can be broken, with commitment and practice.
When you work with me, I will help you learn and become aware of:
- To what extent your drinking has become a “problem”
- How to use moderate drinking skills when faced with triggers and past habits
- Your own desired, more healthy limits
- Experiencing peace with alcohol, finding enjoyment in moderate drinking vs. guilt
If you need help answering questions about your own drinking or want to support someone else in these matter, please contact me. In addition to facilitating Moderation Management on Tuesday nights, I also facilitate private 6 -8 week Responsible Drinking groups throughout the year for $25.00/session at People House, and in my SE Denver office.